- Two Storey Brick Home Renovation
- Secret Garden
- Muther of all Things
- Mihaus Studio
- Dugong Beach Resort
- Airstream Fitout
- Originally a day care centre inside a 1980s brick home
- Renovation works to the interior of the dwelling to accommodate a new multipurpose event space including yoga, art exhibitions and weddings
- Hardwood floating floors are used on the walls as a stylish feature
- Attention to detail was a key element in assuring client satisfaction
Sustainable Alternatives 2013
- Originally a 1960’s fibro garage containing asbestos
- Architecturally designed
- Innovative hemp board used instead of standard pine
- Winner of the sustainability awards Houses magazine 2013
Architect – Sue Harper
Photographer – Michael Nicholson
House Reno & Airstream Fitout
House Renovation & Airstream Fitout
- Byron kitchen renovation , kitchen install with colourful French doors
- Recycled materials, red cedar French doors
- Ikea flat pack kitchen installation
- Stunning Restored 1954 Airstream used as an Air B & B stay
- Using 100% Australian Hardwood floating floor material
- Bed framing raised, creating space for luggage storage underneath
Mooney Constructions Pty Ltd is a building and construction company specialising in commercial, residential & rural projects.
- Licensed builder since 2008
- Master Builders association member since 2009
- Worked broadly throughout Australia
- Involvement in NSW heath projects on indigenous community’s across NSW and The Gulf of Carpentaria (Arnhem Land)
- Born Sydney early 80’s
- Raised Tenterfield early 90’s
- Currently residing in the Byron Shire
- Owner/operator of Mooney Constructions providing greener building solutions for commercial, residential and rural clients
With balance and efficiency, Mooney Constructions strives to meet Australian Standards & Building Code Requirements.
Shop Fit Outs
Custom and boutique builds
We have extensive knowledge on sustainable materials, including solar and passive design & construction.
- Thermal Mass
If you’re interested in how you can convert your home to be more sustainable and more efficient, we’d love to hear from you.
Building & Construction
We offer a full range of building and construction services. Get in touch with us as we are always interested in new projects large or small.
When I needed some remedial work done to my house in Bondi I engaged Mooney Constructions, who had come highly recommended to me by another architect. Despite being based up in the Northern Rivers, Matt Mooney made himself available and, with his labourer, moved to Sydney temporarily, working 6 days a week to get the job done. Matt was extremely diligent, delightful to work with and was able to provide valuable insight into why the construction issues had occurred in the first place. The work at my place was not extensive, but it is often hard to find a builder prepared to tackle the more fiddly jobs like that, and Matt took this work on very conscientiously. You could tell he was interested in getting the job done right. I have no hesitation recommending Mooney Constructions.Jane Johnson, Architect, Bondi, Sydney
I have contracted Matt Mooney from Mooney constructions on a range of commercial, residential and hard landscaping projects over a period of 8 years.
Matt has done projects for me in regional NSW, remote NT and NSW Aboriginal communities and high end residential work in Sydney on architectural projects.
Matt's honesty as well as attention to detail and finishing are his trademark and this combined with his ability to work with a wide range of materials have resulted in happy clients and good jobs. Matt and his crew are very self sufficient and have been able to mobilise quickly and complete works at short notice.Andy Irvine, Programme Manager, Resources and Infrastructure, North Coast TAFE
We’d love to hear about your next project. Contact us via phone or form below. Mooney Constructions takes pride in and round our business. Our services come with a guarantee to satisfy.
0432 174 551
Byron Bay, NSW
Builder’s Licence Number
Asbestos Removal Licence Number
33 606 749 508